Friday, April 9, 2010

O M G

Well, it's official.  Three of my quilts are actually going to hang in the Crazy Quilter's Guild Show this weekend.  I'm scared out of my mind.  It's been a goal of mine for quite a few years to enter a quilt in a show and every show comes and goes and I chicken out.  I honestly thought that even though I sent in my registration that I'd still somehow manage to chicken out.  To me, they're just quilts; nothing exciting, nothing special.

My Shade Cascade quilt almost didn't make it.  As of this morning it still didn't have a sleeve.  I had one of those Quilter's Hangups that I borrowed from Jen but I was so mad last night I didn't sew it on.  This morning I half hazardly safety pinned it on.  When my mom picked up my bag of quilts I said, "if they don't take it because of the sleeve, I seriously won't be surprised...life will go on.  But, she texted later to say they had no problem with it.

Looking around the house tonight, our walls seem very bare.  Even Mike commented on it.

Although, just now, all of a sudden I'm super excited.  I was originally going to go on Sunday but I just decided I'm running out there before work tomorrow so that I can run through just to see.  I'll go back on Sunday with my Mom and Grandma for a leisurly stroll through.

At the shop today I assembled THREE quilt tops.  That's got to be some kind of record in my world.  Granted, all the blocks were made in previous days by a number of different quilters but seriously, three tops assembled in ONE day??  I was stoked!!  Now, if I can just carry that determination through to quilt retreat.  This year I plan on getting a LOT of sewing in especially since we get to check in at noon on Friday and don't have to leave until like 3 on Monday.  As of right now I'm planning on taking a bunch of my UFO's and quite a stack of barn blocks.  I hope to make block kits between the Rosemont Show and Retreat departure.

My new iron came in the mail on Thursday.  Earlier in the week my iron died.  Stone COLD.  I love it so much so even though I've had it for about three years I decided I had to have the same one.  I searched a bit online and low and behold I found it online at Sears.

So there it is, my non exciting, picture lacking day.




8 comments:

Lilla Marilla said...

Congratulations!!!!

Yvette said...

How exciting!!!

I can''t wait to see the pictures. Hint, hint. LOL!

Colleen said...

Congratulations! There was never any doubt in my mind that your quilts wouldn't be in the show. They all looked fantastic.

Barb said...

That is so awesome!!!

Judy said...

Congrats!! and How fun!!!

jilly said...

Congrats on the quilt show. Three quilts, way to go lady. Cheering for ya here in San Diego.

Blessings,
Jilly

Mary said...

Congratulations!!! It is fun when you can enter a quilt in a show.
Checked out 13 Quilt Barns on Thursday in Kankakee area of Ill. It was a cool, kind of gray day. The quilts and barns were great. I took a lot of pictures. The first barn we found was the Dresden Plate version that Edyta Sitar designed. I had just taken a class from her two weeks ago through our guild. That was the block I am working on!! You have inspired me!!

Moneik said...

So happy to hear you put the quilts in the show.