Thursday, April 1, 2010

Oooooo a spool!!

I saw these spools a week or so ago on Rose Marie's blog and I decided I that I HAD to make them. I found the block in Block Base and printed out a few until I decided on a size. I've got 20 of them printed out. I thought maybe they'd be a fun signature quilt for retreat in a few weeks. I could either have the circles be signed or the background that I'm going to appliqué them down to. We'll see, I still have plenty of time (or not really if you look at the calendar).




It really didn't take much time at all to English paper piece this together.  I'm excited to start cutting out the next one.

For those of you working your way through my Quilt Blocks on Barns Block of the Week, can you believe that we're already through a quarter of the 2010 blocks?  This year is flying by.  I have about 7 more blocks to make and write up before all of 2010 is ready to go.  Then I can start working on the 2011 blocks!!

Local Quilters, mark your calendars!  Jennifer Chiaverini will be in town for a book signing of her new book, "The Aloha Quilt" on April 10th at 2pm at Boswell Books.  Daniel, the owner of Boswell wrote up an awesome blog post about the event today.  Slap it on your calendar and come out for some fun!

3 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

That's one really cool block. Ok...I'm getting excited now to learn a new technique! How cool! It's getting closer! Wooohooo!

Rose Marie said...

Love your blocks and fabrics and how you changed the centre square to a different fabric. These are addictive .... I started out just wanting to make a wall hanging and now I'm onto making a queen size bed quilt.

Karen said...

Oh man, that is going to be quite a day. Crazy Quilters show in the am, Boswell in the pm and Brewcity Bruisers in the evening. Life is certainly not boring!