Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Retreat Day 2

Another busy day with a ton of fun.  I really should have written this post before I went to bed on Saturday but I didn’t and now half of the funny things that happened, I don’t remember.  =(

I finished my Barn Blocks for the day. Maple Leaf, Ringed Star & Patriotic Star.

IMG_4866 IMG_4861 IMG_4864

I pulled out my Spools Signature Quilt and all of a sudden what to do for a border became extremely clear.  I cut 12 remaining charms in half and placed them around the edges.  I chose one of the dark charms to cut into four for the corners.  A light charm got cut in four for the snowball corners for those dark charms.  The remaining ones got cut into fours for snowball corners that needed to be added to the border.  In the end, I had two charms left from the pack of 40.  The only fabrics added to this wall hanging is the lightest background for the squares and the spool background – the cream/floral print.  I’ll also be adding a binding.  Not bad for a charm pack and designing as you go!!


IMG_4870

Next up was my Amish Rubik Star.  I didn’t take black background fabric along so the goal was to get the blocks made.  I was sad to put it away BUT I know I need to work on this in extreme quiet. 

photo

Before bed I was able to get started on my Mexican Star.

For whatever reason this post doesn’t want to add any additional pictures so I’ll end here and try again later in a new post.

3 comments:

Moneik said...

I love the Amish Rubics. It just looks so cool! The border on your spools quilt is fabulous. I adore how you did the squares.triangles out into the borders. I could invision it, but not put it into words. The barn blocks rock too. You got so much accomplished! I'm impressed!

Rose Marie said...

I am so amazed at all that you do.

Love, love, love your spool quilt! I'm going to have to play around with my blocks to see what I can do with putting some triangles on the corners. I'll just have to revisit that thought again. Hmmmm .... I may become just a bit of a copycat ....

Teresa said...

Rose Marie sent me over to take a peek at your spool quilt...the layout is very nice! I am just getting started in this process and it sure is fun to see what everyone else is doing.

I enjoyed reading your blog and you will see me again from time to time.