Friday, April 30, 2010

Retreat Day 4

Not much went on on Day 4 because we only had about 6 hours for sewing. I finished getting the third section made for the Braided Starburst and got all my patches from section four sewn into twosies or foursies.  Each section has four blocks to it.  I’ll be happy when this one is done.  It hasn’t been my favorite project to work on. I think I'm still burnt out on HST assembly from when I did my Ocean Waves Quilt.

IMG_4904

My plan now is to continue working on the projects that I took along to retreat until they’re done.  Oh, and to clean my quilt studio before I put all my stuff back into it…now to just find the time to do that!!

Vogues doesn’t know how to upload pictures to her blog and I know there’s a certain picture that means a lot to her so I’ll post it for her until we get her up and running.

IMG_4890

They’re not just three Jester’s Court blocks, they’re three very special Jester’s Court Blocks.  They’re her mom’s first three blocks that she’s made since having a stroke last winter.  On her blog, Vogues says,
“I loved spending time with sister and mom - it was great to see my mom getting back into quilting after her stroke. I had to fight back tears after putting her blocks up on the design wall. It just made me think how fast things can change and how lucky we are to have great friends and family that want to spend time with us.”
IMG_4905 
And in the end, as you can see she made many more and joked about making my corner stones for my Rubik's Star.  =)  So glad you’re back ‘11!!

Here's a slideshow with all the pictures I took at retreat...and it's a surprisingly small amount of them.

We had a TON of fun at retreat.  I think everyone got a lot done.  Vogues even learned how to paper piece. 


IMG_4900

I can’t believe that it’s already time to plan next years retreat!  Next year we’re back to having a Logo, T-shirts and goofy name tags…I just didn’t have it in me to do it this year.

Retreat was exhausting…as you can see, my mom was DONE.  Stick a fork in her DONE. 

IMG_4903

Isn’t she cute?

6 comments:

Cindy said...

I had a fantastic time and can't wait for next year. I've been sleeping lots since I got home since I didn't sleep much there. I sure hope I don't get voted off the island.

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

I've already got my money for next year stashed away! Does that mean I'm ready? I loved every minute of retreat and loved meeting all the girls I didn't already know! It's very inspirational to sew with you, Jen! Love that pic of Jen V in the slide show.

Moneik said...

Looks like you all had a great time! I can't wait to join you next year. All the projects are phenomenal! Love the brown quilt pattern. So glad to hear Jen's mom was able to sew with you all. Quilting is so theraputic. Did your mom sew at all or just sleep? All the pictures are of her sleeping!!

Julie-Ann said...

The retreats sounds (and looks) like a blast. Your mom is so cute! Beautiful projects.

Rhonda said...

Looks like you all had a blast! Retreats are the coolest!!!

CatQuilter said...

It looks like you gals had a ton of fun! Such beautiful quilts!