Sunday, April 18, 2010

Rosemont Wrap up

We had an awesome time in Rosemont!  We worked hard but man, we laughed even harder.  Many of the things we laughed about were probably just because we were all so tired but one of the funnier things that sticks out in my head is Katie going to get into her bed and not being able to.  The sheets were so screwed up that she had to totally take apart her bed and re-make it.  It's days later and I'm still laughing every time I think about it this runs through my head: "If you make beds for a living, HOW can you possibly screw it up??"  Well, they did and hilarity ensued.

Before the sun set on Saturday it finally dawned on us to look out the window to see if we could see downtown Chicago.  It was teeny tiny in our window so I've circled it.

IMG_4764 (2)

But zoomed in it looked pretty cool.

IMG_4755

Kaffe did a book signing in our booth on Sunday.  Before the show opened for the day I took a few test shots of the area to make sure the lighting above wasn't overwhelming and while I was looking down to make an adjustment, Katie (Speaking of Katie she finally started a blog) hopped into the frame to "sign" a book.  I wasn't expecting it and it totally cracked me up.

Katie

...and the rest of our awesome booth (not that I'm biased)

IMG_4745
IMG_4746
IMG_4747


Kaffe - Jen
Kaffe Fassett & Liza Porter Lucy
Kaffe - Liza

A good time was had by all.  Now, I need sleepy!!



5 comments:

piecemealquilts said...

THAT's your booth?! I loved that booth! Seriously, I remember it because of the purple quilt - Rear Window, right? You had some really fantastic patterns, and the quilts were gorgeous. It was one of the few booths that really emphasized modern fabrics and patterns.

Grey Cat Quilts said...

Sandi and I spent quite a bit of time in that booth! Some great patterns, and bright, pretty colors.

I LOVE that purple quilt in the corner to death. To. Death.

Katie said...

Hey thanks for the shout out! :) Your blog has in turn been blogged about on mussergirlquilts also! The bedding situation still cracks me up too! I'll never forget it! That weekend was one of a kind!

Jen said...

I feel funny with everyone asking if it's *my* booth because it's not. I work at the shop. =)

Moneik said...

The booth looks awesome and you guys having fun just makes it all worthwhile.