Monday, April 5, 2010

Spooling Along...

At the beginning of today I never thought I'd end the day with the center of my wall hanging complete.  Now I just need to decide what fun things I can come up with for borders.

IMG_4518

I was going to hand appliqué the circles onto the background fabric but then I decided getting it done was much more effective than to have it languishing around for the next few months.

I used a champagne colored poly Hemingworth thread with a blanket stitch.  I really like how it looks.  Up close you see the blanket stitching, from about 2 feet away you see nothing.  It rocks!

IMG_4519

My little iron died today.  I looked online to see what stores would have a replacement because I wanted the same one.  Sears looked like they had it so I drove over and nada.  I ended up ordering it online.  It should arrive before I leave for retreat.



10 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

It's so beautiful. I love those little boogers! LOL! My screen went out on my laptop last week and they are saying four weeks for parts....grrrr....you'll have better luck with your iron arriving in time! Oh well....

Karen said...

Your spool design is so creative. I really like the overall look it makes.

piecesofpatti said...

Hey Jen.......love it, love it, love it.........can't wait for retreat......see you soon!

Barb said...

Look wonderful!!!

Cindy said...

I just have my one spool done but today I'm going to cut the rest out so I can just sit and stitch.

Mary said...

I love your spools. I have hand pieces a couple, but was having hardtime. I like the english paper piece idea. Not I think I could get some done like that. The Klosjes that are being made on Saturdays are done with a template. You have to draw the 1/4 inch lines for sewing. Anyway, now I want to try the english method to see how that works.

Moneik said...

It looks really awesome! You can't see the blanket stitch and it's done, what a great feeling. I can't believe retreat is coming so soon. I'm gonna miss you guys so much.

Trish said...

It looks really good. As always!

Rose Marie said...

Creative minds think alike! I had thought and played around with triangles in the corners of my blocks, rejected the idea because it just looked too busy. Your blocks work because you are using a neutral fabric for your background. Love, love what you have done!

Pat said...

You are quite a creative person. Thank you for sharing. Happy Quilting!