Jen Buettner – Cre8tive Quilter
Wisconsin Quilt Blocks on Barns - Block of the Week
Block #20 – Hen and Chicks – Green County
Cutting Instructions & Piecing Locations for 6” Paper Pieced Block:
(1) 2-1/4” Square – Black – B2
(2) 2-1/2” Squares – Black, sub-cut into 4 pieces – A1, C1, D1, E1
(2) 3-3/4” Squares – Red, sub-cut into 4 pieces - A5, C5, D5, E5
(4) 2-1/4” X 3-1/4” Rectangles – Yellow – A6, B1, C6, D6
(6) 2-1/2” Squares – Yellow, sub-cut into 12 pieces - A2, A3, A4, C2, C3, C4, D2, D3, D4, E2, E3, E4
Click HERE to print a clean Hen and Chicks Instruction Sheet.
Click HERE to download and print the Hen and Chicks Foundation Pattern.
**You will want to Download the file and then print the .pdf file. When you print, make sure that scaling is turned off enabling the document to print at 100%. Take a moment to measure. The Solid Line along the bottom edge of section A should measure 2-3/8". If you print directly from the Google Docs screen you might come out with a slightly smaller sized block.**
Don't forget to come back and post the link to your blocks so I can see them. I LOVE to see them!! Don't have a blog or don't have time to post? Just email me a picture and I'll get it uploaded. I’ve also set up a Flickr Group if you’re interested!