Thursday, May 6, 2010

Braided Starburst

I’m glad the center is finished…very glad.  I love it’s look, but I’m feeling ‘done’ with it.  I’ve got it pinned to the wall hanging that hangs in our stairwell.  As you can see where it’s hanging, there’s really not a whole lot I can add border wise if I ever want it to hang there. 

IMG_4952

I just plugged it into EQ.  Here’s what I’m thinking for borders.  It turns out I have a whopping 3-1/2 inches of border that can be added to each side.  Hopefully I’ll get those on tonight so I can call it done.

braided starburst

8 comments:

Moneik said...

It looks amazing! You did an awesome job of getting it all together. I think the skinny borders will look great. Even just a black binding would look nice on it. It's so stunning by itself.

Cindy said...

Yep little skinny borders and call it done. It does look great though.

Mama Pea said...

It is beautiful! It reminds me of a Navajo rug I have in a weaving pattern called "eye dazzler!" Both for good reason! I think your skinny borders are just the ticket!

Colleen said...

That turned out really neat! I think the center is so eye-catching that it doesn't really need much else.

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

I like Moneiks' idea! It looks awesome! I'm gonna be that
cre8tive one of these days! Great job, 8!!!!

Karen said...

This is a very interesting piece. The colors are striking.

Bruce Seeds said...

It's gorgeous, Jen!

Barb said...

Simply beautiful!!