Saturday, May 15, 2010

City Slickers...it's how we roll

What can I say, Mike and I are easily amused.  On a recent Barn Quilt excursion we started noticing that as the car pulled up to take a picture, some cows thought we were fascinating while other breeds seemed to just peer at us - not to be bothered with such riffraff.  This a group of cows that found us fascinating...



Yeah, I realize we sound like Billy Crystal in the movie City Slickers when he births Norman the Calf...but we had fun damn it!!




7 comments:

Suzan said...

My first laugh of the day - thanks!

Karen said...

That is so funny!

Sue said...

yeah, I can see, city slickers:) that is just tooooooo funny

Mary said...

It is fun!!!Two summers ago outside of Buffalo, NY I made my husband stop as we watch a Mom cow give birth. We were there for at least an hour. My husband laughed as I was cheering her on. He used to live on a dairy farm, but I am a city girl and had never seen it before. Going to be in Green County next month and going to balloon festival in Monroe. Looking forward to seeing barn quilts. Have 2 of yours made!!

Betweens said...

What a beautiful farm!! That was so much fun just to watch them come to the gate..they ALL had to come every one of them.. that was very very cute..thanks

Staci said...

OK - you know that cows are some of the most brainless animals on the planet, right? I'm dying to make a comment about who's more brainless - the gawkers or the gawkees... But you are correct, it's pretty damn funny.

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

You two are a trip! This is why they say there is someone for everyone! Ha!