Thursday, May 13, 2010

Darn that 1I!!

Last night I ran across a blog that she had told me about called Crap I’ve Made.  Holy Mother Load of cool tutorials!!  Right when I saw the ruffled camera strap, I had to make one instantly. 

It came out looking awesome but instead of measuring the length and width of the camera strap that I’ve been using, I used one that I had purchased and didn’t realize that it was actually shorter than mine.  Oh well, now I can hunt for the perfect fabric and make another!!

Now the funny thing is, I couldn't take a good picture with my camera because the strap was attached.  You'll have to check it out with the grainy iPhone picture.

camera strap2
  camera strap1

Isn’t it adorable?

Then I had wanted to go out last night and buy a headband.  I had a horrible hair cut this last time around.  I told the girl to leave the length on on the hair in front that I tuck behind my ears because with bending over all the time I’ve got to be able to tuck it behind my ears.  Next thing I knew, she was cutting me bangs.  And, the longer I have this cut, the more awful the cut it is.  I don’t know if I should have it trimmed now or let it grow some more before I do.  Anyway, it was pouring so I really didn’t want to go to the store.  I came across another blog with tons of cool stuff and tutorials called Make it and Love it where I found a headband tutorial.
 headband

You’re supposed to use the elastic from a pony tail holder but since I didn’t have any of those laying around I just used a piece of the narrowest elastic that I could find.  I’ll stop by the store on my way home today to get some hair rubber bands so I can make a few more.

Oh, I also found a cutsie flower pattern too but I can’t remember which of the sites it was on and mine isn’t finished yet because I still can’t find my button box from when we moved two years ago.  So, the bottom line is that you get no picture of the flower!

All I can say is CUTE STUFF!!  I can’t wait to spend some more time on those blogs checking things out.

5 comments:

Moneik said...

The camera strap is adorable! I love the new look and the way you dressed it up. Looks like you were mucho productive!

Suzan said...

I follow "Make it and love it" but didn't know about the other. I love learning new crap! :)

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

I love that blog "Crap I made". I love the name of it too! And...no darn me...look at that cute camera strap! Haahahhhaa

Angie said...

Wow - there are great tutorials on that blog. Cute camera strap! I need one for my camera to jazz it up a bit!

www.craftedangles.com

Cindy said...

That camera strap is so you.