Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother’s Day!

Happy Mother’s Day to all!  I may just be a puppy dog Mom but Holly (Well, her personal shopper Mike) gave me pink tulips that are oh so pretty!!

IMG_4969

Last night I went to Jen’s so we could do some sewing.  I whipped out 40 more Charming Honey blocks.  I now have 80.  40 more to go and I can start putting together my quilt.

 IMG_4968

I whipped up two pillow cases.  One for my Grandma for Mother’s Day and one for myself.  I bet you can’t figure out whose is whose…giggle.

 IMG_4965 IMG_4966

Last up I started working on my Rotating Snowballs Challenge Quilt.  I had screwed up my three that I made for March so I remade those and then am calling the next 6 snowballs April’s blocks.  For May I’ll do all six as 54-40 or Fight! blocks.  Then I’ll be caught up again.

IMG_4967 

For about 2 years now a few of us have been wanting to do the Victory Quilt.  Jen, My Mom and I decided last night that we’re going to get our quilt tops assembled by the 4th of July.  When I got home I drew up all the blocks in Electric Quilt because we’re going to change the way that a few of them are assembled.  Now it’s time to get started.  I plan on buying my background fabric while I’m at the shop today.

6 comments:

Cindy said...

I can't believe I caved in to peer pressure on that quilt. I can't wait to see the changes you made so I can get started. Happy Mother's Day and when did you tell Maggie that she was to stick to me like glue today?

Barb said...

I just love your blocks....and hoping that you have a wonderful day today!!

piecesofpatti said...

Everything looks great Jen! (as usual) I am trying to follow your example and sew every minute I have free.......did not happen for me this weekend.....but today is a new day!

CatQuilter said...

When do you sleep? LOL Lovely creations, Jen. I'd be interested in doing the Victory quilt along with you gals. Want another participant?

I was fortunate to get an hour of sewing in yesterday! Almost had forgotten how!

Moneik said...

Love the tulips! How thoughtful of Holly aka Mike. You got a lot accomplished the other night. The blocks look great. Are they charms and honeybuns? The snowball quilt along is coming together nicely. You'll be caught up in no time.

Suzan said...

Uh oh...just saw the "Charming Honey" squares and my heart went pitter-pat. Would you be so kind as to tell me who makes the pattern? I love your choice of fabrics and colors!