Wednesday, May 19, 2010

It's been years...

Since I've had to hem pants.  But, after pulling some out of my closet tonight and trying them on, I realized shortening was necessary when not planning on wearing heels.  I procrastinated for a few hours but once I finally got my butt in gear, it took no time at all to do three pairs.

While I was procrastinating, I made a tote bag that is out of the same fabric that my camera strap is out of.  I still have to sew the binding down around the top edge but that will take no time.

IMG_5078

I added a pocket to the front and used part of the selvage to make it look a little more interesting.

IMG_5079

Well, I'm off.  I'm going to International Quilt Festival in Minnesota this weekend.  I'm not sure if I'll be posting so I've scheduled a few posts for while I'm gone.  


3 comments:

Barb said...

Your tote is really nice...you sound so much like me...putting off doing something with something else.

Moneik said...

Your tote bag looks awesome. I love the selvage edge too. Glad to hear you got the pants hemmed. Have fun at quilt market. Find lots of fun new gadgets to share.

Michelle said...

Have fun at quilt market! Sometime I'd love to be able to go to one of those. Do tell all when you have a chance.