Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Love Blooms

Wow, next time I pick a quilting pattern remind me not to pick something so dense.  I really didn’t have problems quilting it until I got to the center and decided to go through it.  Yeah, that took hours to rip out the little bit that I did.  After that, I was just mentally “DONE” with the quilt and just couldn’t get back into quilting it.  After that it was a struggle.  I am happy with how it turned out, but I’ll be happier once the binding is sewn down and it’s given to my Mom for Mother’s Day on Sunday!

I did a pretty dense Wonky Flower thingie dingie…and it took about 7 hours to quilt…without all the breaks I took.  And the ripping of the center that drove me to drink.

IMG_4922    IMG_4927

IMG_4924

It’s HA…Holly Approved.

I still have three sides to bind before Sunday.

6 comments:

Cindy said...

Oh I'm so excited to see it.

Karen said...

Vibrant colors!

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

I bet it will be Maggie approved, too! Way to go, Jen!

Rhonda said...

Great job and your mom will love it, of course!!!

Moneik said...

It looks beautiful and all the hand work will be worth it in the end. You did an awesome job on the quilting.

Sandra said...

Jen, you did a good job on the quilting.