Saturday, May 22, 2010

Quilts on Barns - #101 Water Wheel

Water Wheel is located at N5742 County Highway H in New Glarus, WI.  Here is some information about the block:
Jessica & Sarah's Senior project for Brodhead HS Worked with members of the community to complete including the geometry class & child development students. Owner Rick is a water resource engineer, hence the waterwheel design. The colors are red for the barn, green for nature, and blue/white for their Swedish heritage. Barn is of Swiss heritagr/bank barn. Built in early 1900's and then re-constructed in 1940 with rock quarried from the hill behind the barn.
IMG_5025

IMG_5026

IMG_5027


2 comments:

Marilyn said...

I love the BARNS that all your Wisconsin quilts are on! The ones here are on all kinds of buildings, not necessarily "barns". Thanks for sharing! ♥♫

Linda said...

Maybe I just haven't checked in for awhile-I love the photo on your blog and the entire layout! I wish I lived closer to see the barn quilts! Maybe I could convince DH to head south for a few days this summer. Perhaps if I could locate a few John Deere dealerships in the area of the barns it would work!!!