Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Spring Quilt Market 2010 - Part 3

I'm saving my most favorite School House Session for very last.

We went to see Amy Barickman of Indygo Junction speak about her new book that comes out on September 1st called Vintage Notions.  Amy's BLOG can be found HERE.  I'm really not sure how to describe her new book except to say it's going to be pretty cool!  If you click the Vintage Notions book, it will take you to Amy's book pre-order page where she has PDF files that you can open to see some sneak previews of her book.

Vintage Notions: An Inspirational Guide to Needlework, Cooking, Sewing, Fashion and Fun

IMG_5211


I went to Eleanor Burns' session on her new book Quilt Blocks on American Barns.  I mean it's only right that the Barn Quilt addict go to this session, Right??  Her BLOG can be found HERE.



IMG_5198


Eleanor's session was hilarious - as every session of hers I've ever seen.

I'm sure right now you're shocked to see that Eleanor's session is not last.  So what could I possibly have up my sleeve?

Edyta Sitar of Laundry Basket Quilts.  Not only is she awesome, but she's written a book called Friendship Triangles.  O.M.G.  The idea behind the book is a half square triangle exchange.  Using pre-printed triangle paper you make as many HST's as you want, cut them apart but DO NOT iron OR pull off the paper.  You then swap them.  As many as you decide to swap, you get back from the swapping pool.  Then, using her book of patterns you make a quilt or a project out of these HST's.

Back


Sooooo, anyone interested in a HST swap?  If so, leave a comment - make sure your email address is available or add that into your comment.  Once I get your comment I'll email you the details!

I'm really, really excited!!  I mean look at the cool things you can make (these are from the book, the possibilities are endless!!)

IMG_5186

IMG_5185

IMG_5177

This sums up School House.  Next we'll move onto the other fun Spring Market things that I've seen!


13 comments:

Moneik said...

What a fun idea with the triangles! I'm definately in. I still am not as impressed with Eleanors book as I had hoped I would be.

Jackie said...

I would be interested in the swap - I'm loving that tote bag!

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

I'm in! I wanna play along, too! This will be fun!

Jen said...

Jackie, I can't contact you because your email address isn't listed. You can email me directly at cre8tivequilter@gmail.com.

Thanks!

Alycia said...

It sounds like you had a great time! Thanks for sharing all the links to the things you got to see. The barn book looks great!

Karen said...

Awesome reports on Quilt Market. Sounds like you had a really GOOD time!

piecesofpatti said...

I want to play too! I think you have my email, Jen!

Trish said...

I'm in. What size?

**('Click HERE for further details' is coming up 'Page not Found')

Kim said...

Im in! That sounds really neat! Let me know the details, once you figure it out. :) Email - upnorthxstitching@gmail.com

Kona Bay Fabrics Blog said...

Hi Jen-

Thanks for blogging about your Quilt Market activities!

As a vendor at Quilt Market, I do not always get out and look at all the beautiful booths so thanks for sharing!!

That's pretty cool you let your readers know what went on!!


Douglas Eagleson
President, Kona Bay Fabrics

Cindy said...

OK I'm in this sounds like fun.

Sue said...

JEN,JEN,JEN why do I do this??? because I am hooked in:):) or should I say SUCKED IN:) Say, since I have alllll of my 600 plus triangles already cut and waiting for me to do something, I AM IN, send me what I have to have and let's see what I can make with my triangles. you have my email address.
your friend,
the sunburn foot lady:)

Vicki said...

Is it to late to get in on the HST Swap? If not, please send me details.