Jen Buettner – Cre8tive Quilter
Wisconsin Quilt Blocks on Barns - Block of the Week
Block #24 – Bear Paw – Walworth
Cutting Instructions & Piecing Locations for 6” Paper Pieced Block:
(5) 1-1/2” Squares – Yellow – A1, B5, C5, D5, U2
(8) 2-1/4” Squares – Yellow, sub-cut into 16 pieces – A3, A5, B1, B3, C1, C3, D1, D3, M4, M1, N1, N4, O1, O3, P1, P3
(4) 1-1/2” Squares – Red – Q4, R4, S4, T4
(8) 2-1/4” Squares – Purple, sub-cut into 16 pieces – A2, A4, B2, B4, C2, C4, D2, D4, M2, M3, N2, N3, O2, O4, P2, P4
(2) 1-3/4” X 3-1/2” Rectangles – Black – U1, U3
(2) 1-3/8 X 3-1/4 Rectangles – Black – Pieced in to connect. You will have to trim (length) once they are sewn onto the top two sections.
(16) 1-1/2” Squares – White – E1, E5, F1, F5, G1, G5, H1, H5, I2, I5, J2, J5, K2, K5, L2, L5
(4) 2-3/4” Squares – White, sub-cut into 16 pieces – E3, F3, G3, H3, I3, J3, K3, L3, Q1, R1, S1, T1, V2, W2, X2, Y2
(16) 2” Squares – Green, sub-cut into 32 pieces – E2, E4, F2, F4, G2, G4, H2, H4, I1, I4, J1, J4, K1, K4, L1, L4, Q2, Q3, R2, R3, S2, S3, T2, T3, V1, V3, W1, W3, X1, X3, Y1, Y3
Click HERE to print a clean Bear Paw Instruction Sheet.
Click HERE to download and print the Bear Paw Foundation Pattern.
**You will want to Download the file and then print the .pdf file. When you print, make sure that scaling is turned off enabling the document to print at 100%. Take a moment to measure. The Solid Line along the side edge of section U should measure 6". If you print directly from the Google Docs screen you might come out with a slightly smaller sized block.**
Don't forget to come back and post the link to your blocks so I can see them. I LOVE to see them!! Don't have a blog or don't have time to post? Just email me a picture and I'll get it uploaded. I’ve also set up a Flickr Group if you’re interested!