Sunday, June 6, 2010

Friendship Triangles!

I just finished my first batch of 60 Friendship Triangles.  Has anyone else started theirs yet?  It probably took about 10 minutes to sew the two sheets of triangle paper.  And made me realize that this could be an awesome way to cut down my stash of fabric that is lovely but I have no idea when or how I'll use some of the pieces.  As you can imagine I'm dying to sew more!!

IMG_5663

Is anyone else interested in a swap?  These are 2" finished HST's.  If you click the Friendship Triangles link above it will take you to the post where I first talked about them.  If you're interested, leave a comment and I'll send you the details.  

I also worked on my Firecracker Bomb Pop quilt this morning.  I added another 10 pieces to each braid.  Now I'm up to 28 in each.  Hopefully I can get another 10 or so sewn on tonight.

IMG_5662

I know it doesn't look like much but that's because I just tossed them up on my design wall just to get an idea of their length.  I'll take a better picture the next time I work on it.

Mike and I are off to the Milwaukee Art Museum.  They have an exhibit that is 'Selections from the Winterthur Collection'.  These are quilts from 1760-1850.

3 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Have fun! Patti and I were just talking about our hsts! Might do them tomorrow!

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

By the way....I have top of the list syndrome too! Move me up! LOL!

Kim said...

I gotta get at my HSTs too! I have them printed out - just need to find the 'perfect' fabrics and get started.

Oh, Im a sucker for patriotic theme quilts!! Love how yours is turning out.

Hope you enjoyed the museum.