Monday, August 23, 2010

I did it!

I got my 15 minutes of sewing time in today and additional 6 minutes of ironing.  Mike for some reason has been harassing me to make Holly a new quilt.  Why?  I don't know.  The pooch adopts every one that I make anyway so they're basically hers.  But here I am, making her a quilt.  I picked up two Sweet Water "Make Life" charm packs.  I"m just going to make a tossed nine patch.  Nice and Easy, maybe it will suck me back into the quilting world.  Here's todays progress.

IMG_0009

IMG_0010

I know it's not much, but it's a start right?

Also, 900 HST's are sorted and on their way back to the participants.  I'm sure I've messed up the sorting.  There was just no easy way to go about this.  


7 comments:

Cindy said...

She's going to love a quilt that's just hers.

Moneik said...

Love the Make Life charm packs. I'm sure Holly does need a quilt. I'm thinking Paul will be wanting one for Missy since I made one for Merry. Glad to hear you got 15min in today.

Vicki W said...

15 minutes is better than no minutes! Good for you!

CatQuilter said...

Every dog needs her own quilt and Holly's will be beautiful. I need to make one for my "grand-dog" Luka.

Hey, 15 minutes is better than I get some days! Your mojo will return!
Love ya,
Cathy

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Love that fabric. If Holly doesn't want it, I'll take it off her paws! Glad you sewed today. Does this mean my quilt is on the way, too? You know I'm gonna dog you about it now! Welcome back!

Linda said...

Thank you for reminding me that I need to take 15 minutes for myself! I think I will go do that right now! So--you are making a quilt special for your dog! My son has 3 LARGE dogs--they each have their own blanket.

piecesofpatti said...

That will be great for Miss Holly!!!!!!