Saturday, October 9, 2010

Strip Twist - new project

It's Fat Quarter Frenzy this weekend at the shop. Yesterday I indulged in some (ok a lot) of Quilter's Tweed fat quarters. Strip Twist is a pattern that has been in my stash for about 3 years now and it's been calling me. I decided to take the plunge and use the tweed with a black batik. I really like how the first 20 blocks turned out...of course there are 88 blocks to go.





Hopefully this quilt will get me off my quilting hiatus and back into my studio on a more regular basis.

-Jen

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

12 comments:

Kim said...

Awesome pattern with the colors! With the black - it looks like stained glass. I have that pattern on my bucket list. Just need to get the pattern first.. LOL

Looking great!!

CatQuilter said...

Love your choice of fabric. I made this pattern about a year ago. You've inspired me to get the flimsy on the frame and finish it!

Hope you're doing well!

Renée's Country Quilts said...

I really like this one, it caught my eye! Great job!
Renee

Jamie in Louisiana said...

What a great inspiration. This pattern would be a great stash buster. Thanks for sharing.

Cindy said...

These are really cool blocks!

Quiliting in Mequon said...

You did a awsome job on the quilt and I just love the colors that you choose... :)

Barb said...

Just love it!!!!!

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Yay!

A Jen post!

Love the blocks!

Missed ya!

Did I mention "Yay"?

quiltin cntrygrl said...

Looks Great!! Love the colors

Judy said...

Love it!
Will have to put this on my bucket list.

Barb said...

I just love this.....

thatchristine.blogspot.com said...

Heh Jen, I love that pattern and your fabric choices.