Sunday, March 27, 2011

A Comfort Quilt for my dear sweet Holly

A few weeks ago Holly had an episode that required some testing and the bottom line is that she has cancer.  =(  Tumors in her Liver and Spleen.  I don’t know how much time we have left so we’re making the most of it.   I started making her a quilt and then I just couldn’t bring myself to finish it until some of my friends kicked me in the ass.

It’s just a split nine patch made out of Make Life by Sweetwater.

IMG_0799

I found this goofy dog print in my stash and used it for the backing.

IMG_0801

Here she is, chilling on the couch with her quilt on top of her, Mike’s quilt under her and Mine next to her.  LOVE, LOVE, LOVE HER!!

IMG_0804IMG_0806

5 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

I just love that last pic of her. Ears up, asking "What's up, Mom?" LOL! Nice job getting the quilt done. Hang in there and enjoy every minute!

Cindy said...

That last picture of her is perfect I'd like to see about having that picture printed.

Staci said...

Oh look at her! She loves it!

Moneik said...

I absolutely love how the quilt turned out. Great job on finishing it and I'm sure Holly will enjoy it. Does she have her own pillow? Missy had two pillows she lays on, so they always have fun pillowcases on them. She's feeling the love of the quilt all around her.

Michele said...

So sorry to hear this, Jen. Both of our dog-kids passed away this past fall, and we're still not over it. Cherish the time you have left with sweet Holly.