Monday, March 21, 2011

It’s been a while…

Since I’ve blogged; my last post with quilty content was back in October.  That’s almost a 6 month hiatus and I have to say; I haven’t missed blogging.  Quite a few people have been asking lately if I’m ever going to post again - so here I am.  I don’t know if I’ll ever return to blogging on a regular basis.  I would like to continue my Barn Quilt pattern series but it won’t be on a schedule like it was in the past.  You just may wake up one day and see a ton of new patterns – stranger things have happened! 

I wasn’t quilting as much as I normal and it took me quite a while to figure out what the problem was.  I went through a couple of years where I made sure each new project taught me something, challenged me or was something that I designed.  While I LOVE the designing aspect, by the time I work my way through it I decide I no longer want to make that project.  I recently re-discovered my love for making comfort quilts and I think this is what I’m going to focus on for a while.  I just need to sew, and not think about patterns; just enjoy the process.  If that means making quilts from patterns that I could do in my sleep; then that’s what it takes. 

Here’s what I have worked on that you haven’t seen…

Sylvia’s Bridal Sampler Blocks (Some of the colors are off; I took all these with my camera phone).

photo 1 (2)photo 1 (3)photo 1 (4)photo 1 (5)photo 1photo 2 (2)photo 2 (3)photo 2 (4)photo 2 (5)photo 2photo 3 (2)photo 3 (3)photo 3 (4)photo 3 (5)photo 3photo 4 (2)photo 4 (3)photo 4 (4)photo 4 (5)photo 4

Quilts I currently have in progress or have recently finished…

Comfot Quilt based off the quilt pattern "Urban Cabin" - Still needs and outer border.Split 9 Patch for HollyComfort Quilt for EHComfort Quilt for JPComfort Quilt for RKBack of RK's Comfort QuiltPB&J (Parts, Bits & Junk)Comfort Quilt for MSSnowflake Wallhanging that I designed and will someday write a pattern for.Started out as Strip Twist, I turned it into something completely different.  Just need to assemble the quilt top.Cafe Bistro "In & Out" Quilt.  Still working on binding it.

This next one I can’t take credit for making.  It was made by my friend Patti; I just quilted it and sent it on it’s way. 

Comfort Quilt made by Patti/Quilted by Me for JH

Miscellaneous things I’ve made:

TV Tray Ironing Board for DMSuess and Pac Man Pillow Cases for MEPockets to Go - Cube Size for my Hand Sewing StuffPockets to Go - Cube Size for my Hand Sewing StuffPockets to Go - Cube Size One for DM & One for MEPockets to Go - Cube Size One for DM & One for METrash Bags for my Sidekick Cup Holder.  Also made one for Vogues & my MomBlocks for CH's Comfort Quilt

I’m sure I’ve missed a few things along the way!  This doesn’t even begin to cover the things I’ve sewn while at work…but I’m not about to post all of those pictures.

16 comments:

Suzan said...

Welcome back! Looks like you have been busy even if you haven't been blogging about it! When it comes to blogging or quilting, do what makes you happy. "Easy" quilts are still beautiful!

Jayne said...

I followed your quilt barn posts pretty faithfully. Wondered what had happened to you. Your absence from blogland is similar to my own. I posted in June 2010 before we left on vacation, and scheduled posts for while we were gone, and then never came back!! I started up again on Jan 1st. Strange, how our focus and interest changes over time. I'm back into it, I suppose, but who knows for how long!!
Jayne
jaynesquiltingroom.blogspot.com

Moneik said...

You totally made my day! Sporatic blogging is great. I absolutely love my quilt and I sleep under it every day/night.

Gunda said...

It looks like, you realy enjoy that 6 month "off" and all this cute things you made...........AWSOME
Thanks for sharing with us
Hugs Gunda

Barb said...

What an explosion of eye candy....loved the blocks and quilts!!

Glenda in Florida said...

I am glad to see you back--reading your post feels like a visit with a long lost friend. I have always enjoyed your posts. I'm glad to see that you are still quilting--I say do whatever bring you joy--sometimes that is fast and easy, and other times it can be a learning experience.

Pat V. said...

I love your bridal sampler blocks -- the colors are gorgeous, as is the piecing! I've never felt the need to blog -- it just seems it would consume time I could spend more productively elsewhere. That being said, I want you to know how much I've appreciated your sharing the barn block patterns. If more show up someday, great. In the meantime, there's plenty to sew! Thanks again!

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

You were gone?

Jen said...

1I, you're killin me! 10 more days till Rock & Troll weekend!!

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Rock & Troll Quilt Retreat! I love it! 10 more days...I can handle that. I'm sooo ready to hang out with some really evil people....know any? ahahhhahaaa Maybe a couple of evil twins, even?

Moneik said...

I'll be the rock and you guys can be the trolls! I'm gonna sew with you in spirit.

Candace said...

I was just thinking about you yesterday, so I looked up your blog and saw that you hadn't posted in several months, thought about commenting on your last post. Lo and behold, here you are today. I have always just enjoyed your casual posts, I didn't have to be learning anything or following a series. I hope that you will continue blogging, but not putting pressure on yourself, we (and I'm sure I'm speaking for a lot more than just me) enjoy you just for who you are and the pretty things you make. I loved seeing all the pretties in this post and would have if they were just all charm quilts.

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

You will be sewwwww missed, Moneik. Next year you better be there!

Mary said...

Thank you, thank you. You have made my day. I have missed your posts. I do understand how you feel. Have been that way myself lately. For me life is getting in the way. I have followed you on facebook. Going to look for barn quilts on way to Atlanta this weekend. I have missed your barn quilt patterns too. They are so neat. I look forward to reading your postings when you feel like it!!

Trish said...

Your blogging may be sporadic, but you're definately still prolific with the quilting! Have a good time at the retreat!

Lisa said...

I, too, have been following your Barn Quilt pics and patterns. I didn't know about the Barn Quilt thing till I found your blog and got hooked on seeing all of it through your eyes. I have been checking back every few days looking for a post on your patterns, then I got worried that something may have happened to you, thinking maybe you were sick or something. I was glad to finally see you back, I love seeing all the notes and pics from your retreats, and all the pics of blocks, quilts, and crafty things you do. I can relate to not feeling like doing things (like your posting) I have been batteling Fibromialgia for the last four years, and I have lots of days that I just sit and look at my handwork (I crochet and do woodturning also), and it feels like it would take too much energy to just pick it up.
So...do what makes you feel good, and just know whatever you post, a little or a lot, will be enjoyed.
Lisa in Alabama