Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Wide awake

We had thunderstorms this evening so Holly the 95 pound lab wanted to be right on me. After she wedged herself between me and my dry erase board (erasing it with her body I might add) I decided what we could both use was some snuggle time on the bed. Of course she decided to lay the wrong direction so I joined her.

I woke up 5-ish hours later around 3am forgetting why I was laying the wrong direction. As I laid there with her still snuggled into me the realization that our time together is drawing to a close was overwhelming. I couldn't fall back asleep so I decided to get up and sew. 3 pillow cases and two scrap bags later I'm going to give sleep another try. I could still get another 2-1/2 hours of sleep if I'm lucky.





-Jen

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Enjoy every minute with her. Very productive middle of the night sewing!

Moneik said...

I wish I could be that productive in the middle of the night. I was up at that time too. Enjoy your time with your big bundle of love.

Cindy said...

I think about our time with her too when I'm not sleeping. I wake up thinking about her and then I'm so very sad I can't go back to sleep. Give her a snuggle from her GMA for me.

It Is Our Normal said...

Welcome Back Jen! I have checked your blog often. I am glad you are back. I have been working on the barn blocks.
Have fun on the retreat!