Wednesday, April 20, 2011

246

That’s the number of 2-1/2” Strips I’ve cut and sewn this week.  Wait, to be honest, 80 of them were pre-cut but the rest were all from my stash.

IMG_1115

Here’s what I’m working on:

Popsicle Sticks by Atkinson Designs.  I re-colored it in EQ to get an idea what it would look like in Red, White & Blue.  I’m making a Quilt of Valor quilt for my friend Ruth’s brother Adam.  This took 72 of the strips that have now all been sewn together and cut up into sections.  I’m finally ready to put blocks together.

AM QOV

The second two are quilts by Kim Schaefer based off her Zoo Parade pattern.  I’ve sewn together 110 Yellow and Green strips to make two Packer quilts.  One set 8X10 for Mike and one set 6X8 for the C.U.R.E. 54 silent auction.  Now I can finally start sewing the 64 strips of football textured fabric to the strip sets to make blocks. 

mike packercure54 packer

I feel like I’m in the home stretch with all three quilts when in reality; I’ve only just begun!!

1 comment:

Moneik said...

Holy Bejjebers... that's a lot of strips, but they look great in EQ. I'm working on a few myself, but it's been challenging to learn it at the same time. It doesn't always do what I want it to do!