Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I quilt without obligation…

That Girl... That Quilt

What does that mean for me?

I quilt because I want to; because the spirit moves me.  I GIVE quilts because I want to; because the spirit moves me. 

It’s been 10 years since I last gave a quilt because I felt obligated to – after three bad “giving's” in a row the term “Quilt Worthy” was born.  I vowed I never would give a quilt out of obligation again…and I haven’t; and I won’t. 

What does quilting without obligation mean to you?

4 comments:

Moneik said...

I love quilting without obligation, I do it for the love of quilting and enjoying the process! There are definately some people who are not quilt worthy!

Trish said...

To me, quilting without obligation means NO deadlines. When I make a quilt for someone, I tell them that they can expect to receive it in two years. I only quilt when I want to, becuase if I have to force myself to finish something, it isn't fun anymore.....

Shelly said...

For me the realization was when "friends" were getting quilts but not family-now how wrong is that? That and the first Christmas I didn't do anything quilted for anyone due to job demands and the comment was "I expected"...Now it means for me and for those worthy! Now I am a selfish quilter and I LOVE it!!

Jacque said...

Just want you to know...you made me cry. Quilt worthy. More than I've meant to a lot of other people. Less than I had hoped to mean to some. You're a special lady, Jen.