Saturday, April 9, 2011

Painting A Barn Block

I had the opportunity to join the Crazy Quilters Guild today and paint a barn block.  I was excited when they invited me along because of my Barn Quilt addiction AND it’s nice to get to see and socialize with these wonderful women outside of work.

I designed my own block.  I went with an 8 pointed star to go with “Cre8tive" and a Spool to go with “Quilter.”  I think it needs to become part of a new logo.

8 pointed Star and Spool w brown

The colors that we had to work with were Red, Yellow, Blue, Green and White.  I ended up mixing Yellow and Red into a pale orange and then added Blue until I got a brownish color to resemble a wooden spool.  I painted a 2’ block.  I don’t know where it’s headed, maybe on the wall in my sewing room?  I LOVE how it turned out.

IMG_1054

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Love your painting! that looks like a lot of fun. I love your spool inside the star. I think that would be a good idea to start a sampler...have the centers all different, it probably already has been made, anyway I like yours(the brown turned out good, didn't it?)
Lisa in Alabama

ferne said...

I love your block! I have been wanting to do this for my home and have the perfect place to hang it, but I am not sure how to go about hanging it and do you frame it? I already have a nice board primed I just need to finish painting it and figure out the hanging part. Do you have any advice?

Cindy said...

Oh I can't wait to see it in person, it look wonderfu and what a fun way to spend your day.