Friday, April 1, 2011

Quilt Retreat–Day 1

Thursday was the first day of our Quilt Retreat at Blooming Escapes.  I’m thrilled to be spending the weekend with 10 of my friends but a total of 22 women. 

I came to retreat with a list of things to accomplish for each day.  At the end of day one I’m still on track.

Modified Urban Cabin quilt top.  There will actually be 3 of these; but 2 in similar colors.  These will go into my stash for when I need a comfort quilt.  I’ll add the borders when I know who they are going to.

IMG_0956
Next up was to work finish the assembly of 1/4 of my Modified Strip Twist quilt.  Modified…that seems to be my buzz word!  God forbid I do anything exactly following the instructions that a pattern gives.  This quilt top requires a LOT of pinning so it’s slow going.  The good news is, I think I have only about 5 more rows to add and the top is done.  Would you believe I actually started making this quilt to go in my car?  Yeah, I don’t think it’s destined to hang out in my trunk for when I need a quilt.
IMG_0957
Last project of the night was to work on a few rows of my Flowers for Kashmir quilt.  This quilt is totally NOT my thing.  But I’m working my way through it because I own the borders and backing as well.  I have 3 more rows to add.
IMG_0962
It’s now 2 am…time for bed!

6 comments:

SandyQuilts said...

Pinning oh my, I no longer pin. I use small dots of elmer's washable school glue. Little dots,press to dry and sew. If you're interested
http://sandyquilts.blogspot.com/2008/05/elmers-washable-school-glue-and-quilts.html

I love that quilt ... you're right it doesn't belong in your trunk.

Moneik said...

I love how your quilts are turning out! I pulled mine out to work on this weekend, maybe if I'm lucky I'll get started tonight. The Twist one is just so cool, almost looks like a weave to me.

Beth said...

These are lovely! I have been in a funk since Christmas..maybe seeing your tops will get me charged up again..and can you believe? I have not quilted ANYTHING since presents in Dec...shame shame shame! I'm glad you are back...

Barb said...

Those three quilts are just wonderful!!!!

old hippy chick said...

Love the first two.

Cindy said...

Hey come on you quit and went to bed at 2AM. You can tell I'm not there or it would be an all night sew......