Sunday, April 17, 2011

To Be Named…

I need your help, I have a few quilts that I’m putting into a quilt show in a few weeks; two of which need names.  I think I’ve looked at them too long to come up with something Cre8tive. 

Quilt #1 needing a name.  Quilt is 68X82.  Started out from the pattern Strip Twist which I never bothered to open.  I ‘Chose my own Adventure’ by looking at the picture and a few wrong turns later came up with something that I liked a LOT better!

IMG_1107

Quilt #2 needing a name.  16 Diamond Shaped Hexagons.  These are teeny tiny (see the picture with the dime).  The hexagons are considered 1/4” because each outside edge is 1/4”.  This whole piece is 14” Square. 

IMG_1110IMG_1113

Quilt #3 is Braided Starburst.  It doesn’t need a name but I just finished so I wanted to show it.  It’s square…honest!  The wind just decided to kick up!

IMG_1106

Special thanks to Quilt Holder Mike who indulges my insanity…

18 comments:

Kate said...

Quilt No 1 - round the bend, Cutting Corners, One good turn....

Linda and Piwacket said...

The most predominant shape I see in the first one is the letter T, but also the woven strips, so I'd call it "T Zone."

I love the other quilts, but no clever names are coming to me.

Great job, as always, Jen!

Sandy said...

Quilt #1 - Gridlock

Quilt #2 - Diamond Chips

Lazy Girl said...

Hi Jen, the first one reminds me of woven patio furniture. Maybe a name reminiscent of 50's/60's Mad Men era patio parties. They are all gorgeous, good luck!

momhooten said...

Quilt 1-Twisted Adventure

Quilt-2-Quarter (1/4) Insanity

Petals said...

#1 - Woven Wonder

#2 - Hex-tacular

#3 - Cupid's Arrows

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen said...

For #2 - Quarter of a Bikini??? Tee hee - it's official now - you are definitely not making those hexes into a bra or bikini!!!

Beth said...

The 1st one looks like stained glass with the leading in between..how about Woven Glass? I love the colors in the hexes, but alas, no name comes to mind! Great work!

Pat V. said...

Wow, that braided starburst is fabulous! How about "Adventure Road" for the first quilt?

Moneik said...

I'm thinking something along the lines of weave or woven for the first one, but if maybe tornado twist if you want to stick with a part of the name from the pattern. I'd say diamond ring or quarter carat for the second one. It's absolutely stunning! I still love the starburst one. I remember searching for the perfect fabrics!

Barb said...

The first one "Wrong Turns"

nothing came for the second one but it sure is lovely...all three quilts are just wonderful!

Diana Laurence said...

#1 - Basket Fantastic
#2 - Diamond Nosegays

Trish said...

"We're not Gonna Take it" (as in Twisted Sister) for the first one. and "Stop the Insanity" for the second one.

Laura Krasinski said...

I love them all.. all I can think of is a name for the first one..
FANTANGLE
and if you are looking for a home for it.. my birthday is June 5 :)

Laura Krasinski said...

Oh.. I just thought of one for the diamond... Grandmother's diamond in the rough..

Karen said...

I'm assuming these are going into the Crazy Quilters Show. If so, I am looking forward to seeing them "up close and personal" :)

Barbara said...

I think quilt #1 could be Color Weave. I see beautiful colors woven in it. Great job.