Sunday, May 1, 2011

2011 Crazy Quilters Quilt Show

I just got home from the Crazy Quilters Quilt Show.  It’s my very favorite show.  I entered 3 quilts.

Berry BurstIMG_1224

Here’s what the judges had to say:

-Graphic presentation with great movement.

-Curved quilting complimented geometric piecing.

-Generally good piecing technique.

- Flange is well handled.

-Corners should be 90 degrees.  (This has me scratching my head)

- Minor tension problems noted on top. (This has me scratching my head too)

Quadruple Block PlanIMG_1221

Here’s what the judges had to say:

- “I sure do like this quilt”

- Good Corners

- Love the texture and consistency of black

- Good workmanship

Just a 1/4 InsaneIMG_1220

I seriously LOVE how the ribbon is almost larger than the piece! 

Here’s what the judges had to say:

Like the quilting in keeping with asymmetrical design.

My friend Diane took home two ribbons as well.

1st place

photo 3

3rd place.  I’m pretty sure her 3rd place win was in the same category as my Quadruple Block Plan Honorable mention.  =)

photo 4

And, it was fun to see a quilt in the show that Diane wrote the pattern for.

IMG_1249

I didn’t take many pictures because well…I forgot my memory card.  Luckily Mike came to see my quilts hanging and brought it with him. 



2011 Mukwonago Quilt Show

4 comments:

Barb said...

Congrats on the ribbon. I'm too much of a chicken to enter any shows. I don't take rejection well! You do such great work and I love seeing it!

piecesofpatti said...

Great job Jen and congrats on the ribbon!

Trish said...

Congratulations on the ribbons! they were well deserved. Your quilts are always awesome!

Bama said...

This is my first comment, but I have been following your Blog for several months. I am very interested in your Quilt Blocks on Barns. I have been saving the pictures as you post them, just to be able to look at them and enjoy them later.
I just wanted to tell you I Love,Love,Love your quilt 'Quadruple Block Plan'. where can I find that pattern?
Thanks for all you share with us.
Lisa in Alabama