Monday, June 27, 2011

Maddie Jane - one sick puppy. =(

Just a quick post to update everyone.  On Thursday we adopted Maddie Jane from our local humane society.  She was a quiet little girl.  When we brought her home, I couldn't get her to eat and she wouldn't drink much. I chalked it up to a new enviornment.  The next morning she started throwing up.  I was concerned with a small puppy and the amount of fluids coming out of her - I mean really, just how much fluids can one expel before they're dehydrated???  I ran her to our vet where after a few tests they said it could be Parvo.  I called the humane society and left a message because I knew they'd need to test the rest of their animals.  I left Maddie at the vet.  The humane society called me back a few minutes later asking me to go get her from the vet and take her out there for treatment since they were a bit better situated to quarantine an animal.  They tested her and definitely parvo.  So now, we're still crossing our fingers and hoping she's going to make it.  She's been at the humane society and doing home with the director every night.  They've been pumping her full of fluids and everything else they need to do to get her better.  They've never lost a dog to parvo so we're hoping their streak continues.

I don't want to hear any negatives because I'm trying to stay positive but I'm hoping if anyone has any recovery stories or words of wisdom for us they'll leave a comment.

In the mean time, here's a slide show and add my little pup to your prayer list please!!





8 comments:

Shelly said...

She is so cute! Thoughts are with her!

Brynwood Needleworks said...

She's adorable, Jen! I especially love the one shot of her sitting on the front lawn, looking right at the camera.

I'll keep her in my thoughts and pray that she recovers quickly so she can come back to your loving arms. Please let us know how she's doing.
xoxo
Donna and Kes

Marilyn said...

Sending up prayers for your puppy.♥♫

Barb said...

I so hope she gets better...cute puppy!

Chris said...

What a sweetie! I'll keep you and your pup in my prayers.

Lynn Osborne said...

Jen, she's beautiful. Sending all good thoughts and prayers your way! Lynn

Cindy said...

I know you can do it Maddie Jane, you just keep on fighting. We have many more years of fun that we have together. Just remember Grandma loves you.

Moneik said...

She's so stinkin cute! Hope she's better real soon.