Thursday, June 30, 2011

Milwaukee Brewers Quilt

So what if I keep using it and the binding isn’t even on yet…I love it!  When it does go on, it’s blue.

IMG_1702

I put blue Minky on the back.  It wasn’t wide enough so I decided to add a stripe of yellow.  Now, when you load Minky on the frame the stretch has to go side to side.  With the blue, that was true.  The yellow on the other hand, I cut two strips and sewed them end to end, the stretch of those was up and down.  In theory, how big of a deal was this 9” strip going to make? 

Well…

Even though it was pinned straight to the leaders it came out a bit crooked.  In retrospect I could have avoided this by using the side clamps.  BUT, I never use the side clamps because I couldn’t get used to them.  On the other hand, this is a quilt that is meant to be used.  It’s not destined for any quilt shows so really, does it matter?  I’m happy with it, that’s all that matters!

IMG_1703

The last time I worked with Minky it was a nightmare.  I had all sorts of thread skips.  This time, I had no issues what so ever. 

IMG_1704

I’ll definitely be using Minky again!!

3 comments:

Beth said...

well..I MUST admit...
- I"m not a Brewers fan (well..except for Craig Counsell. My all time fav player.),but I DO love blue and yellow
- I love minkee on the back,but I don't love loading it
-I don't worry about the back too much. Most non-quilters would never even understand what you are talking about!

You can save the binding till winter, you will be using it anyway. Bind while snuggling..oh and how is Maddy today? Enquiring minds want to know!

Moneik said...

I LOVE Yellow and Blue (my school colors). I have every intention of doing a blue/yellow t-shirt quilt for myself out of my old PRIDE t-shirts. I love the minkee! I need to get my top done, so I can load it on the frame. I can't wait to try it.

Beth said...

This so rocks! Very, very beautiful!