Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Parvo - Day 6

On day 5 at 11:35PM I received a text from Karen that said, "It's too late to call but Maddie is Drinking and Eating REAL canned food on her own right now!!"

Day 6 - 6:55am the text from Karen read, "3:25AM Maddie pooped. I think you can take her home tonight to finish her recovery. She is again eating full strength canned food and drinking on her own."

Around Noon I got the call that there was nothing more they could do for Maddie at the humane society that we couldn't do at home...it was time to go get my girl.  =)

I think we got home around 2, my Mom brought "It's a Girl" and "Welcome Baby" balloons along with fresh flowers some cute polka dot pink bowls to use while she's tiny and a "Larry the Llama."  Her first presents because I’ve been so afraid to buy her anything. 

llama

Here she is with her Grammy.

photo 3 copy

It’s not the best picture, but I love this one. 

IMG_0080

So here we sit on day 6.  It’s hard not to get excited, but realistically we need to get to day 14.

4 comments:

Moneik said...

She's so stinkin' cute! I'm excited for you and praying that things go well for little Maddie. What a great picture. I'm definately going to have to look for this book. It looks so cute.

Karen said...

She is super cute! Praying the recovery continues on such a positive trend!

Marilyn said...

I have a grand dog, too, so I know how happy Grandma is. Looks like she's going to be tall with those long legs. Best wishes for continued healing. ♥♫

Beth said...

Congrats! I can tell she is just WAITING to run, jump and get into all SORT of mischief! You better rest now! lolol