Sunday, July 31, 2011

Snap Happier Tote - Review

Wow, another bag that I would make again!  That says a lot about the way the pattern was written.  The only thing I didn’t like about this pattern was that the purse and tote directions were co-mingled together.  Perhaps a bold font for the purse and a non bold font for the tote or even bullet points would have made a difference.  During the cutting I found myself cutting parts for both.  The directions for the bag were pretty straight forward…you make one simple, straight forward tote you’ve pretty much made them all.  The only thing I changed was the method of putting the handles together.  I’m not a fan of smushy fusible fleece handles.  I prefer ironing on interfacing, ironing in half and ironing the raw edges to the center. 

IMG_1115

A close up of my fabric.  I was in a smaller specialty shop one day and they had organic batiks.  I guess I don’t care if my fabric is organic or not, if I like it and it’s in my price range, I buy it.  I had bought a 1/2 yard and finally had the right project for it.  What I think is neat is the fabric is actually a little textured.  It has a cross hatch pattern in the weave so I quilted along those same lines.

  IMG_1116

It had a really slick way of adding the tape measure into the casing.  You sew everything shut and then later on you seam rip along one of the inside casings, slide the tape measures in and then hand sew up that 1” section. 

Love it!  Will make another sometime soon.

6 comments:

Jacque said...

So very Vera! Looks great. Sounds like a pretty slick pattern.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Looks great and I love that fabric design.

Barb said...

Your purse turned out wonderfully!

Marilyn said...

I like this one! ♥♫

Mary said...

Love the fabric, and its color. Have made a couple snap totes. They are fun.

Cindy said...

WOW I love this one too. Maybe my next project should be a new tote bag for work.