Sunday, July 10, 2011

What I’m up to

So far this week I’ve put borders on a quilt (no quilt holder handy) and pieced a back for it out of 16 fat quarters.  It was the fat quarter backing that had me putting this off.  As cost effective and cool as it comes out looking, and it’s really not a big deal to put together but I kept putting it off.  No clue why.  Hoping to get it quilted this weekend.
IMG_0223
I was talking to my friend Jacque ON THE PHONE the other night (those who know me in real life will crack up at this) and she was telling me about a classmate of her daughters who just lost a parent.  She was tossing around the idea of making the two kids comfort quilts.  I offered up some fabric from my stash.  We decided Wizard of Oz could work for a little girl.  So far, this is what I’ve come up with. 
IMG_0233
I still need to re-arrange the blocks but I think it will work out.
Today I have high hopes to get a quilt quilted on the frame and this yellow brick road quilt top put together.  We also have a Brewer Game to go to and I hear it’s humid out.  I’m sort of thinking anything that I intend to get done will have to be done before the game because after I’ll probably just be done for.
Maddie is just growing like a weed.  I took these pictures earlier in the week.  Monday we go to the Humane Society for a Parvo re-check and then to the Vet for her next set of booster shots.  Hopefully one of them will take a look at her super disgusting bed sore.
IMG_0220IMG_0221IMG_0222

4 comments:

Mary said...

The quilts are great. I know what you mean about piecing a back out of Fat Quarters. It takes TIME!!! A lot more then piecing a bunch of big pieces together.
Maddie is looking good!!!

Quiliting in Mequon said...

Hi Jen... I just love the quilt... Lovely job and it is beautiful... What a wonderful thing to do, making the love of comfort... It will make life easer for the two children to cope... The wizard of oz is sweet to give... Your dog is beautiful and gotten big... Hugs :)

Barb said...

Your first quilt is amazing...and the comforts quilts will be a wonderful gesture.....

Jacque said...

You leave me speechless....