Saturday, August 27, 2011

Dog Collars

It's almost hard for me to believe at this point in time that a mere 13 days ago I got the whim to make a few dog collars to sell on Etsy.  The problem with a few is, it quickly grew into MANY.  In for a penny, in for a pound I guess.  I did some research on collar sizes and every time I thought I had a few sizes selected, it kept turning into more.  In the end, I had 11 sizes...

~Crickets chirping~

Well, how do I know what's popular unless I make them...RIGHT??

The fabric pulling quickly became addictive because if there's one thing I do have in my fabric stash, it's BRIGHT BATIKS.  I've been collecting them for the last 4 years in varying amounts - Fat Quarters, 1/4's and 1/3's.  I realized that even if I made 5 quilts, I'd have left over fabric.  What am I saving it for exactly?  Am I saving fabric like my Grandma has saved everything her whole 92 years...for good?  Am I waiting for this mysterious "For Good" to come along?  What date is "for good" exactly?  Surely, I wasn't going to miss a few inches from some of them...right?  Each batik that I put up against Maddie, made me giddy.  Next thing I knew I was making 5 collars for each size.  Sigh.  And then Mike said, "What about Halloween?"  Yep, that made a few more collars....there went fabric from my Halloween Quilt.

SIXTY COLLARS and 13 days later....they are all made and I have them listed on Etsy.  Gasp...yeah that's right, I said 60.  Hangs my head.  SIX ZERO.  No matter how I say 60 it doesn't sound any better but they're all freakishly sitting here in a pretty box.  God forbid I do anything small.


These babies are awesome!  I just love them, they look yummy.  You and your Pooch can check the whole collection out by clicking here:  www.cre8tivequilter.etsy.com.







5 comments:

Cindy said...

Maggie is so proud wearing hers and it looks great on her.

Brynwood Needleworks said...

They're simply gorgeous, girlfriend! I think I'm going to have to see what you might have for Taggart!
xoxo
Donna

Barb said...

Your dog collars look great and well....sometimes things do get away from us...

Mary said...

I just came across your page and love the collars. I told my daughter when she can take care of her stuffed dog, she can have a real dog! I'm keeping your website so I can get a collar when that happens.

carol said...

If you don't TOTALLY sound like me! I am that same way, thinking that if I like something, then for sure, the whole world will love it too....so I better be prepared for an onslaught of orders. Too bad it really doesn't work that way. I would LOVE one of your creations......want to just send me the one you thought I'd like and I can send you a check? It'd be easier for me.