Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Noodle in a Haystack

I've wanted to make this pattern for quite some time. It's a pattern written by my friend Rodney.

Two weeks ago a shipment of batiks came into the shop and I fell in love with them. They were so bright and summery. I kept trying to talk myself out of them.

Yesterday I made the quilt top.


Today I used the remaining fabric to make a version of the 1600 quilt for the backing.



Again I cut half strips but I also opted to put squares In between each strip. I increased the strip width to 3-1/2 inches so it would end up being 96 inches long. I needed more strips so it could be wider - 2400 inches long. I was also shocked to see a pattern emerge from the squares. I envisioned them being more randomly spaced.


I'll post better pictures once I have it quilted.

8 comments:

Sharon said...

I love your quilt! Both sides are going to be fabulous. Can't wait to see the finished project!

dorothy said...

I think the back is as pretty as the front!

Suzan said...

Love the pops of black against the bright colors!

Chris said...

Gorgeous colors. And I agree that the back is as pretty as the front.

Sheila said...

Thats amazing that a pattern should appear from the random strips, I LOVE it

KT said...

I love the top of the quilt and it is just a pattern I have been looking for! Think I could get a copy of the pattern? Sorry I know this post is a few months old...

merrily row said...

Jen, I have been watching for updates to your blog. It has been a year now. Are you okay? Have you changed blogs? Whatever is happening in your life, I hope you come back to us soon.

Jen said...

All is well, I just lost interest in documenting every aspect of what I was working on.