Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Noodle in a Haystack

I've wanted to make this pattern for quite some time. It's a pattern written by my friend Rodney.

Two weeks ago a shipment of batiks came into the shop and I fell in love with them. They were so bright and summery. I kept trying to talk myself out of them.

Yesterday I made the quilt top.

Today I used the remaining fabric to make a version of the 1600 quilt for the backing.

Again I cut half strips but I also opted to put squares In between each strip. I increased the strip width to 3-1/2 inches so it would end up being 96 inches long. I needed more strips so it could be wider - 2400 inches long. I was also shocked to see a pattern emerge from the squares. I envisioned them being more randomly spaced.

I'll post better pictures once I have it quilted.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Sylvia's Bridal Sampler - March Blocks

Sylvia's Shooting Star
Old Maid's Puzzle
Swamp Patch
Posies 'Round the Square

Monday, March 5, 2012

Finally - A cover I'm happy with!

I just finished a cover I'm happy with.  Remembered to record all my pattern modifications and everything!

Now to get March's Sylvia's Bridal Sampler blocks made!

Batik Tablet Cover

A few weeks ago I made another cover for my Nook Tablet. Unfortunately, I placed the elastic out a little too far and it doesn't hold my tablet securely.

I did omit the metal hardware on this one and I will continue to do so in the future. I can't tell you the number of times I heard it clang against the screen of my book.

Back to the drawing board; each one I make gets better. Time to try again!